View Single Post
      11-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #35
9krpmrx8
Clean is the new cool, keep it that way.
Rep
Drives: 11' Alpine White 335i Sedan

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pladi View Post
He is buying a new car he is a new member. People usually prefer to keep things simple at the start. I said nothing about manuals or highly modified cars. And the op too said nothing about highly modified cars.

So i understand what you are saying but it just does not apply here.

Companies spend a fortune getting licensing from BMW to sell the LL-01 spec. There is so much scientific work in the background and to put it all down and say it means nothing ...

There are alot of nonsense things from the manual but oil spec is not one.

Uh, he owns a 330i already and has been here a while and he has been eyeing a 335i for a at least a year as far as I can see. As for people usually keeping it simple at the start, that is another one of your baseless opinions as many people mod their cars almost immediately.

This is a car forum and I can assure you most come here initially for two reasons and that is to find mods or to find a fix to a problem they have.

Also, you have no idea what the test to meet the LL01 spec is or what it cost to complete those test to get the certification. And I never said the recommended oil spec is nonsense, it's just a recommendation that is given for bean counting reasons, regulatory reasons, and liability reasons.