View Single Post
      09-11-2019, 10:07 AM   #45
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txs330D View Post
Haha! Good tip, I’ll give mine a good clean next weekend. I don’t even know how much oil I am burning as I have no flat areas to check it on a regular. So when I get a chance and it’s flat I take it. But I did about half a litre a few months ago. However, I don’t do huge miles anymore, so maybe I’d burn more with more miles. Will be a good 150 mile journey next weekend and it’s flat where’s I’ll be doing my car so can check it a few times. It was filled last weekend with the turbo replacement.

I just did the maf trick and my blue smoke reduced a lot, but it’s still there. So confused!
Yeah I'd definitely see if you can clean the built in oil separator in the valve cover because it's near impossible any other way, I absolutely detest BMW for choosing this flawed design.. any CCV issue and BMW would charge for a new valvecover which is so much money!

Anyway, An alloy cracked a couple of days ago and after having it welded I noticed oil towards the back of the sump by the flywheel. I had a repair to the sump in 2017 so maybe it's started to fail. I'm going to get some pictures and videos soon once I put the front on axle stands
Appreciate 0