01-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #18
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Brad
I bought a pair of Lux 5.1's about two years ago. I live in Canada; I find every winter one unit malfunctions and I have to pull it out during our lovely Canadian cold.

Last year the Lux stops working so I pulled the broken unit out. Messaged Marc on the forum, he gave the address and I sent it. He fixed it and sent it out without asking for the cost of return shipping. I had to convince him to let me pay for return shipping.

It was easy and I was a happy Lux customer. Whenever I would see a "whats the best angel eye" thread I would give Lux a +1:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629993

So it has happened again this year and I have emailed Lux to make sure I can still send the unit in. They got back to me and told me I am out of warranty and I could send in the broken unit in to be fixed for $30!

Aren't these lights supposed to be reliable? I have a hard time paying to fix something every year that has such a high initial cost.

I told them I would just take out the Lux and go back to stock....
The unit costs $200+ when you buy new. When you were under warranty, he didn't charge you at all even for shipping. Now it's $30 to fix it since warranty period expired, so what's the problem?

Consider buying extended warranty next time so you don't end up complaining like this.
Appreciate 0