Dmitry83
Second Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: F30 320i (328i ECU) M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklicker View Post
Hi there:
The stock wheels hide the inner workings pretty good by my Rial Salerno 5 spoke winter wheels really show the inner workings, and damn that's a lot of orange!
The fronts are okay but the backs are not. Normally I leave calipers alone but these were ridiculous and sense I was giving the subframe a full rustoration anyways I hit the calipers with wire --> ospho --> silver rust bullet. Has held up great and actually looks kinda good. The hat on the rear rotor is huge though, and I wasn't too keen to treat it. I gave it a good long wire wheel and pulled it down to the alloy thinking it would be a slow return but nope it oranged up again immediately and looks like crap. Never seen rotors rust this quickly before.

So my question is paint. Is there a flat black I can spray on the rotor hat safely with it on the car and expect it to stay adhered? Or is that just asking for a hack-job mess in 6 months?
Hi,

I did that to mine several months ago.

First cleaning with oil-remover liquid, then 3 layers of paint. No primer needed.

Still looks the same as the day I painted it.
Paint holds deadly, no peel-off. And no rust anymore.

It is a usual inexpensive spray paint- here it is KUDO manufacturer, paid like $7 for the can.
Marked as "Hi-temperature paint"- holds up to 700 degrees.
Needs 20min baking in 250 degrees (C after 24 hours dry to become oil-resistant. I've just given the rotors a proper heating by braking.
Has silver, black, red & blue colors.
I've chosen silver- looks nice.

Pics 3, 4, 5 (brand new rotors painted):
https://www.drive2.ru/l/456679681769341034/

M-Sport rotors restoration (bought used):
https://www.drive2.ru/l/460227805792207574/
F80 bottom reinforcement plate
Koni Sport, M-Performance springs, M135i Anti-roll bars
Appreciate 1
feuer4275.50