Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
LSD will be a great addition to your car, but instead of a Quaife unit, and would highly recommend getting a DiffsOnline custom built Salisbury style LSD. They are used in the Racing Dynamics / RD Sport RS46s (stroker E9X M3s).
Quaife is fine with me and widely tested on the E9x - even though there might be other LSDs that are slightly better (like the Drexler or the original M3 diff, or also the one you mentioned), I do not believe my driving skills will really allow me to make out the difference. I also want a diff that is "install-and-forget" and does not need maintenance, so the Quaife is ideal for me.

Installation of it is scheduled for 19/20 February, along with the M3 suspension mods (front and rear) and Hartge sway bars.

I haven't updated this thread for a while - although I've the catless DPs, secondary race cats and UUC short shift kit installed for two weeks now - as the current weather conditions do not allow me to properly test everything. As soon as I have done that (maybe I'll also find the time to do some datalogging with the BT tool) I'll write up an additional review of those mods.

Alpina_B3_Lux