View Single Post
      05-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #26
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Dave, I've got no idea yet - was thinking of Manhart although for no other reason than their current exposure on the new M6 is more than anyone other 'tuner'. Unfortunately their UK distributor is M-Style in Essex who I believe don't have a great reputation from a few things I read (admittedly, a couple of years ago). Also, they seem to have rebranded to 'Auto Enhance' (they share the same address!) which doesn't instil confidence....I mean, why not stick with one brand?? However please enlighten me if this is not the case?

So, using Manhart would mean a trip to their HQ in Germany and, as they're only about an hours drive from the 'ring and I'm going there August Bank Holiday weekend, I may just get it done then.

However, if there are better (or just as good) alternatives then please let me know. Obviously I know the Evolve guys but theres nothing on their website on the M6 yet. Also, there is the ubiquitous DMS, who I've heard lots of good and bad about (but never used them myself). Remapping is, as always, a minefield. One that can be dangerous too if the chosen company do the wrong thing so I'd rather buy something of top-notch quality that is thoroughly developed, even if it costs more and /or promises less ultimate gains.

All of the above, combined with the fact I've never truly come away from a remap feeling like I've had good value means I'm extremely nervous...to the point that I may not even bother despite the lure! Saying this, I've never remapped a turbo petrol car (especially not one with the claimed potential of the M6) so I'm ready to be convinced!

Let the opinions and recommendations start flowing....................
Appreciate 0