JohnWizz
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325xi E91 wagon

Garage List
2006 BMW 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
upgrading the under seats and using and aftermarket amp of decent power and quality alone can give you much better midbass .
This won't give getto panel rattling bass but you will defiantly audiophile full range
music if you want it.

Stock speakers are garbage but the stock amp is even lower on the scale.

When I did and upgrade I tried the aftermarket amp on the stock hi fi 's and though it did improve
things the underseats where really muddy with aftermarket power.

I have some expensive door and underseats and the difference is night and day.
along with the amp of course.
Today I hooked the amp up to the under seat speakers and I have to say I was pretty impressed. Yes, they are not the cleanest I have ever heard but they actually came to life with a little power behind them and made the whole system sound much, much better.

I have to wonder why BMW would put such a crapy amp on these speakers if they can sound as good as they do with a little power behind them... I know, I know, this is the "stock" system in the US but we aren't talking about a VW here... When I worked for a high end boat manufacturer our stock stereos always sounded better than the upgrades most other companies put in their boats. That's what a premium brand does!!!

I'm curious... When I first replaced my CCC, before I programed everything for my car there was actually a 6 or 8 (can't remember) channel equalizer that showed up under the audio settings. Once I reprogrammed the CCC it only has treble and bass adjustments. Does anyone know a way to get the EQ back?

Thanks for all the input!!!
Appreciate 0