View Single Post
      09-28-2020, 12:15 PM   #7
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

I have a 53 F100, you can imaging getting windshield for older vehicles was not all that easy and costly, and after 50 yrs of driving, stuff hitting, and cleaning the original windshield, (Yes it has the same windshield install by Ford) you can see lots of fine scratches in the windshield.

About 25 yrs ago I bought a Carpro CeriGlass kit from Eastwood and attempted to pretty up the windshield. As others pointed it is lots of work and the results are not as good as you would hope for. Also, you need a drill with enough torque since you have to put pressure on the glass to make the compound work. Drill with high torque spin at a low speed and you need the speed as well. I found it very hard to use a regular drill since it was hard to keep the pad flat on the windshield as well as getting enough pressure. Ideally you would want to use a gear driven buffer, since it gives better control and pressure. But the kits only has drill attachment.

Unlike others I did not do mine in the garage, I did it outside, out of the sun so the mess was limited to the ground and the truck.

After all that, I did eventual find a replacement windshield when restoring these old truck became popular.

Last edited by Maestro; 09-28-2020 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0