Lassaxi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: April ED - E90 328xi

Here we go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefybmer View Post
Who said it was impossible. READ his original question.
I did read the OP's question. You should try reading your own response:

Quote:
The only way that the payoff would be close to the trade in value is if he put a lot of money down on the lease.
Then you said this:

Quote:
The current used car market is bad especially in the luxury car market and if you understand leases and he has 22 payments left.....well I guess you don't understand.
Which demonstrates only that you are not only an obnoxious prick, but also that you can't read. If you had read my entire post (I know, it was long), you would have seen this:

Quote:
Now, granted, the OP will be better off waiting until he's closer to the end of the lease, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. It depends entirely on the market conditions, and what model you want to transfer from and to.
Again, READING is actually helpful. In fact, I don't think you really disagree with me at all, because, as you said:

Quote:
Yes people always turn in leases early but you make the remaining payments on that lease . . . (or) if a dealer is desperate they can deduct some payments off of the sales price to make it look like they are paying them unless you negotiate a sales price up front.
And this:

Quote:
No, it does not hurt to try.
So, next time, before you say something ignorant and obnoxious like this:

Quote:
In fact that is how people like you learn how this works.
Why don't you take some of your own advice:

Quote:
OH yeah, next time PLEASE take the BLUE pill.