06-05-2016, 04:02 PM   #23
Will_460cs
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46m3 e91 N53 e90 n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc l View Post
Have you got any updates on this? Any good news?

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to do this mod any time soon will. I only bought my e93 2 weeks ago and it needs a lot of tidying up/maintenance before I start power mods. I also definitely want it on a rolling road, for £40 it is definitely worth doing.

When do you plan to fit your manifold? I've been looking for 330i manifolds but most don't come with the DISA valve so I'm going to keep looking until I find one complete.

For a 54bhp increase this mod is so worth while, I'm surprised it's not covered more online.

Nope still searching for either:
a. Tuner with RR and experience of N53. On the continent I have found several but the closest in Luxembourg, at claiming 280-290bhp on a 330i n53 stock..

b. A way to reset the DME to less than 10 operating hours so it can be recoded to a 330i.

There's a chap on bimmerpost who knows how to do this but he isn't giving much away...
Theres also russian tool called ECU explorer that can do it but its a 1000 euro... Otherwise someone who knows the ECU with BDM could find it and hex edit it i think..
Appreciate 0