thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcharles View Post
I have to say the 330 was powerful. Give me a powerful car and I can't but help myself. Also coupled with the fact that I only got to use my car going to work, traffic and robot to robot etc, I was averaging 16L - 17L per 100 kms. I couldn't live with the fact that a tank of petrol only got me max 390kms....

So I got something with alot less oomph but lots of gadgets. Now I can play with the gadgets whilst sitting in the traffic.
Wow, 16-17 l/100km ??? ... The last time I had figures like yours was while I was breaking the E90 in.

On average, a full tank lasts me more than 600 km... and I do 700km if I take it easy on the throttle.... but it's mainly because I stay in Pretoria and work in Joburg... and I avoid traffic by going to work before the morning traffic jams and leaving before the afternoon traffic jams.... it's only on weekends when I do figures close to yours, as I drive the car the way it should be, once it has warmed up of course.... no abuse, just good old hard driving.

I don't blame you for getting rid of your E90... those consumption figures are bad... not to mention the indirect damage the stop-go traffic is doing on the car.... that 330i engine is surely an unhappy one, since it loves high revs and traffic jams starve it of that... very sad indeed.
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0