View Single Post
      05-26-2011, 05:51 AM   #291
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

I attended a trackday last week which overall was a very rewarding experience. Unfortunately I can't provide empiric data to the thread, as the weather conditions were changing from hot and sunny to pouring rain to sunny/humid. It was also my first time at this track so I really didn't push the car to the limits.

The circuit is rather short, with lots of 2nd and 3rd gear corners and only one real straight line where my top end was 110 mph.

With the results we've seen in this thread in the back of my head, I had a constant eye on the oil temp gauge and short shifted rather oftenly. Still, oil temps would hover between 250 and 265 degrees. This is with the stock OC and the AR OC in front of the radiator.

Per session I only drove 3 to 4 hot laps in a row and a cooldown lap, with half an hour rest time in between runs.

To be honest, it bugged me quite a bit that things would get that hot even without really pushing the car to the max. It's annoying when you have to keep a constant eye on running temps instead of being able to focus on the driving only.

So to improve things I just ordered the ER Sports series oilcooler, which replaces the stock unit and which can be used in series with the AR OC. In a few months I will then upgrade to the M-tech front with foglights deleted to accomodate the larger airducts from the 335is.

I really hope these annoyances will then be solved.
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0