View Single Post
      09-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #24
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

^ Sometimes we actually need to charge our phones, and some of us prefer to reduce the number of electronic gadgets to keep track of, update, etc. I sell my previous iPhones or give them to family members when I upgrade, so I don't have spare iDevices lying around, which means I'd be buying an additional device to do what you suggest, just to avoid plugging an iPhone in occasionally? That minor convenience definitely isn't worth the monetary and maintenance cost of an additional iDevice for me.

Not sure what you mean about waiting 30 minutes to turn on Pandora though, but if you're suggesting waiting until you reach your destination to turn on Pandora (which you wanted to listen to in the car) it seems like you've missed the point.

And whatever your point was there, since when has the standard been "Is it impossible to....?" These are all CONVENIENCE features. Of course it's not impossible, but that doesn't mean we don't want them. We don't NEED Comfort Access, rain-sensing wipers, one-touch windows, iDrive shortcut buttons, automatic headlamps, High Beam Assist, etc, but some of us still like and want all of the above.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 09-30-2012 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0