View Single Post
      03-09-2018, 11:34 AM   #74
sheepdin
Rep
Drives: s2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwguy82 View Post
Yes but you will have to use your CCC Menu for that. I use apps for radio now such as TuneIn Radio.

Yes it requires CCC/CIC, this works by using your AUX input and is an additional function to your current system. You retain all functionality of the CCC/CIC and can switch over with a single button.

I paid $469.99 for the system. Yes all features work as this is an additional system your existing CCC/CIC. For the sygic app you do not need internet and for Google Maps you do.

Sorry I never looked into this as I have a Samsung phone. I believe you need an additional Apple CarPlay adapter which they sell.
I have been looking for a retrofit to my CIC (old version, which needs a flash) with combox such that I can have music streaming via bluetooth. After knowing that the flashing process, I decide to give up and look for another solution. This Android system set-up looks really promising!

You mentioned that the system is using the aux-port. Can you elaborate how it works? I do not see any aux or 3.5mm wire running out from the Android system. If possible, I would like to avoid any connection with aux or 3.5mm port. I prefer my CIC system do the DAC job for the music.

My car does not have bluetooth. Does this Android system come with bluetooth?

For the navigation part, if my car has already got its GPS navigation system, do I still need to install the GPS antenna comes with the Android system or it will share the factory antenna with the CIC?

How long does it take to switch from your CCC screen to the Android screen?

Sorry for so many questions~
Appreciate 0