View Single Post
      07-20-2020, 05:57 PM   #24
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
jeeze, 30ah? Seems really small. I just swapped in the old battery from our X5, which i think is 100ah, because my 330i couldn't run the radio for more than a couple minutes with the engine off anymore - and the fan was starting to run crazy at low speeds due to lack of power. I knew the battery was on it's way out for a while (measures consistently under 12v) but the fan not running properly was the last straw, especially when I want the AC to be functioning.

But damn, is it heavy. The hardest part of swapping it was muscling it in place without damaging anything.
There’s something weird about these anti gravity batteries that they crank much stronger than the AH would lead you to believe. This is from their website:

“ Models Available in 24Ah, 30Ah, 40Ah, 60Ah
but Cranking Performance better than a 90Ah Lead Battery”

I would say this is true. My car has never cranked as hard as it does now and I had a new diehard gold 60a/h AGM as my last battery before I started playing with lightweight batteries. Also using the battery monitoring software included with the battery the longest my car has sat since install was 5 days and it didn’t drop below 99% charged during that time. That’s with comfort access and the oem alarm activated too.
Appreciate 0