08-07-2022, 05:49 PM   #1
Dave92N54
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
I'm a bit stumped here. I have been familiarized with our ventilation systems for a long while now and have completely no clue what the cause here could be.

I have the VTT oil breather cap, and oil is seeping from the filter, with a thin film being sprayed throughout my engine bay.

I have confirmed my breather hose is still in good shape and the valve within still works correctly. Considering the breather cap only vents under crank pressure, and my car is not creating any crank pressure at idle (confirmed by removing cap at idle and placing a piece of paper over it), it must be venting under boost.

So, if my crank is pressurizing under boost, then the breather hose must not be working correctly? Or could the issue be my valve cover? I've verified no cracks or leaks and valve cover isn't even 2 years old, purchased from BimmerWorld around September of 2020.

I do have a low side catch can via the BMS kit, which is collecting oil and I verified none of the fittings are stuck and they are all operating correctly, but considering the low side is essentially disabled under boost I feel this wouldn't have an affect on this situation?

Anyone have any ideas?