View Single Post
      03-24-2014, 03:17 PM   #36
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper
He never really found out whether the coolant came in the inlet or outlet did he?
Yeah, he had quite a time of things. I don't recall seeing details one way or the other in regards to how the coolant made it in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper
There isnt any reason to ditch the EGR cooler aside from weight right? It seems like a bypass could be assembled without even removing the cooler but I havent pulled the connectors off to check. If both of the coolant connections are just nipples on the cooler like they appear to be, building a bypass using the right size nipple connector and a section of hose ought to be easy.
Weight and just eliminating coolant intrusion was the main reason I went there. I think the guy in the link mentioned that he cut those connnectors off one of his many failed EGR coolers and welded up a pipe between them when he experimented with a cooler bypass. But I believe he had issues with wildly varying coolant temps when trying to run the bypass and went back to the EGR cooler. I haven't had any such coolant temp variation problems with the coolant bypass and EGR cooler delete.
Appreciate 0