View Single Post
      03-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #39
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIwyse View Post
Actually, the EGR valve is still in place but the cooler is completely gone. There are blocks on both ends.

Block on exhaust side pic here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=245

EGR cooler delete pic here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=286
TDI, sorry to pester you with a couple questions. Post 245 shows us the copper plug. Did you have a mating flange made to bolt to the exhaust manifold flange OR did the copper plug get put directly into the exhaust manifold. I see 2 screws installed making me think a secondary part (with copper plug installed) is bolted to exahaust manifold.

Post 286 shows us the finished product. Would you mind showing me the blocking on the EGR valve end too?The photo you offer shows it going off upper edge of page. Edit: I found post #109 that showed your EGR cooler outlet photo but with cooler still attached. Courious of that same view but without cooler attached.

I keep waiting for Ecotune as i wanted to recode for all 3 in same shot (EGR, DPF, DEF all off). I'm wondering if they would give me a deal where I only code EGR off now and then pay the difference to get other two "codings" added on when the pipe is for sale. I'm resistant to cut into the good DPF. I wish I could find a salvage yard one.

It would mean two separate times to mail in ECU to New Jersey if i wait on DPF delete. I could see why they would want more money from a hassle factor perspective. I guess i need to ask the question and not guess.

One more for you TDI. Your "ebay" EGR cooler. Was it a US spec one for 335D or was it a Eurospec one? When i look on ebay, i see euro ones. I don't have the trained eye to know if it will work in terms of the water fittings. Perhaps you also cut off the inlet flange to do what I'm asking of in the "post 245" question.

thanks TDI.

Last edited by BB_cuda; 03-24-2014 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 0