View Single Post
      11-26-2014, 01:50 AM   #10
donR
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E91 335i, B5 RS4, F31 330i

Garage List
Yeah the Carolyn/Martin Bishop mob seem legit. I ordered a comfort access key from them and they have been more than helpful, albeit the key didn't work. Though I took it into BMW the other day and with their key reader they confirmed it is a legitimate blank BMW key and that my spare key slots probably had been locked out or disabled so my car will not accept anymore keys.

I've spoken to other people who have ordered keys from the Bishops and their keys have worked out of the box with the normal initialization process. They can also get other parts with a bit of a discount. I'm told they are direct from BMW Germany and I believe it is their website and based in country NSW, not a third party US site. Keys are cheaper again from US dealerships so there is not much value in an Australian based operation selling keys to the US market where presumably their buying power and economies of scale makes things cheaper.

Anyway I am going back to BMW next week who say they should be able to free up the slots and lock in the new key including comfort access which requires programming regardless. Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0