2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGeeks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGeeks View Post
Rjahl,

Any news on a gear display file you want me to test?
I was just looking at it, I was hoping to send something out tonight or in the morning.

I'll be out of town for a week starting tomorrow. Taking a little holiday with the family so won't get much done past this evening,

What was your original calibration file? I want to look at the differences between you current and original while I have it open.

Do you have a true manual mode with your setup? Does moving the gearshift to the left and then selecting up or down place the transmission in manual mode?
Oh god, I have no idea what my original is, I've flashed this EGS so many times I lost count. I'll dig through my UIF history next time I get in the car.

Yes, I have streptronic. Move the shifter to left allows manual control, I have my paddles wired to the outputs.
One more tidbit of information.

Shift map selection is influenced by the rate the accelerator pedal is actuated. Faster you push the more aggressive the maps will be.

For instance you can slowly push the throttle to 50% and you will be running a different map Than quickly pushing the throttle to 50%. I sort of knew this before but I'm just now beginning to understand the logic behind it.

I'm pretty sure anyone running a Powerbox or similar will partially defeat the normal adaptations and move into the aggressive shift maps more quickly than BMW intended.

Once you are into the sport maps all sorts of things begin to come into play. There are brake force adaptations and turning accelerations that will affect the gear selection. It's a complicated beast.
Appreciate 0