05-02-2019, 08:48 PM   #22
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSL View Post
Yes, sorry, jerky/too responsive, at least in 1st on DCT. In INA0S, they actually added damping to it for DCT. AT is already low, probably because the converter does suck up a lot, so might be OK, but shifts are a potential consideration. RPM range, rev gradient, crank vs. input shaft speed diff, throttle/request, etc. are all involved. It might make shifts better, worse or no different, really not sure and we may not know until someone tries. It MAY be possible to 0 out the base and add to speed to at least get by most of 1st gear on DCT reasonably, but that may not be safe (any other gear below 30-35mph would be dead weight by comparison).

1st on DCT is already a bit of a party from a stop at 50% of the stock INA0S base values, stock speed corr, 1M torque request (way less than stock 335is) and not a lot of throttle. It will come together, but will take some finessing. If anyone does haul off and just 0 out the base corr on a DCT, PLEASE vid the first drive

No idea on the 2048 fix, that's an MT issue I've paid little attention to. Not sure what conditions the 2D59 tripped on that car, but if it hit a limp mode with it, my experience is that it would be a 2048. I could pop them all day long at PT with too much request and not enough monitor space, that code never showed up without a 2048 or vice versa.

There are PV monitors, but not sure if they are only for cruise control, plausibility or are in play here at all, but it would be simple to verify if it's a 2048 or not by logging. Use a stock request table, stock max diff and A/B monitors or however he was hitting them with ease before, let it trip and see what the log says.

Slider would be a good idea and probably necessary Glad to know I'm not the only one that spends nights going cross-eyed staring at it, nice job!

INA0S DCT tables:
Strange how they added damping for INA0S, does it have heavily boosted torque request tables as standard?

I would think the shifts would be fairly unaffected on DCT/Auto, these correction tables only seem to affect pedal changes, and so if you are holding your foot down constant and flick the paddles should operate the same.

Good info regarding hunting down the 2D59 faults

From my testing, speed correction seems to do nothing except for when the car is in neutral. So this table doesn't seem to be as useful as the name implies. If you test this by throwing it in neutral while the car is at speed, the throttle response is very heavily filtered. If you do the same test at higher speeds (pop the car into neutral at 180kph) the values are lowered and you get a bit better throttle response. This speed table is left standard on the 1M, and when I zeroed this out I noticed no change except for the throttle response vs speed in neutral only.