View Single Post
      11-08-2020, 06:13 AM   #17
vilord
Major
Rep
Drives: E91, Tundra, TT, SV650

Garage List
Adding 609 is just a matter of an FA_write to CAS/FRM, yes.

I don't have a cradle. I might try taking out 6NF and re-coding just to see if it removes the BMW apps, or if it just removes the useless cradle menu item.

I'm not sure what 7SP does... the first time I coded everything I skipped the 7SP code and everything worked fine.

I used an ICOM, but a K+DCAN cable would work equally well.

One thing to keep in mind about the VO is that the car doesn't actually do anything with the VO. It is the computers that plug into the car that care about the VO.
Each individual module cares about its own program/data settings only.

The VO is used by NCS EXPERT to figure out what program/data settings to put on each module when doing factory/default coding of that module.

When I first coded this to see if it would work, I didn't actually run FA_WRITE at all. I opened NCS EXPERT, read the VO from the CAS, added and removed the VO items above in NCS EXPERT (but did not FA_WRITE anywhere), then ran SG_CODIEREN on the CIC. That was all I needed to do for the combox to work.
The next day, I added 7SP based on things I read on the forums, and re-ran SG_CODIEREN on the CIC again (not that I noticed any difference...), then I also ran SG_CODIEREN on the KOMBI to get rid of the SOS error.

To fix the VIN on the combox, I ran FGNR_SCHRIEBEN and AIF_SCHRIEBEN, then SG_CODIEREN on the combox/cmediar.

Then I went back and used FA_WRITE on the CAS so the next time I open NCS EXPERT or ISTA or INPA it will know what modules are in the car, and finally I opened ISTA and checked the car for codes/errors and cleared all the errors.

My FRM still has the original VO.