Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe

Question???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenCal 335is View Post
Hi,

My '11 335is didn't come with the combox (i bought mine few months too soon) but does have Bluetooth for phone. I've seen and used other dongles/adapters but they didn't work. This solution is actually for cars and their factory iPod integration. I have the iPod 6FL and the Y-Cable that has always worked when physically connected (using the lightning to 30pin adapter for the iPhone 5), including Pandora streaming. The Tune2air does everything that a physically connected iPhone/iPod does except over Bluetooth similarly to the vehicles with the combox. The dongle even sounds good over Bluetooth. I've seen others talk about the Blackberry media gateway and having to control the function from the phone. This device allows you to use the steering wheel controls or radio/idrive control to scroll through your iPod list or songs, and display Artist/track/song title all without taking you iPhone/iPod out of your pocket. When a phone calls comes through, the audio gets muted just like it does when it is connected to the Y-Cable. I'm going to try make a video and post it later this weekend.
I have the following options on my June 2010 build 335i
6FLA USB/audio interface,
6NFA Music interface for smartphone,
644A Preparation for mobile phone with Bluetooth.

Do you have the same options? & once you connect the Tune2air do the iPhone phone functions operate through the Tune2air or do the phone functions still operate through the OEM Bluetooth with only the music functions going through the Tune2air?
Appreciate 0