View Single Post
      10-05-2022, 05:31 PM   #42
FlyinLowSD
Tinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 640i GC,1994 300ZX MT 2+2

Thank you YES this is much more like it. Don’t forget proper auto glass cleaner such as Invisible Glass or any of the others that do not have ammonia. Don’t use Windex. Wheel woolies are the bomb for wheel cleaning. For anyone new to the game I suggest fiending on videos at Meguiars online, Larry Kosilla/AMMONYC, AutoGeek and CG. Master the two bucket wash, and enjoy the peace of taking care of your own car. It’s quite therapeutic!

PS: Foam cannons are great, but beware some of the cutsie colored foams… they have been known to stain white or light colored vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGuitars View Post
NO! That is a recipie for swirl marks

BARE MINIMUM to properly care for your car's finish when cleaning:

2 5 gal buckets (HD Lowes work great), ideally with grit guards. One for soapy water, one to rinse your mitt before reloading soap

Mf wash mitt ok, but personally prefer lambswool

Why cheapest on a bmw???? Get something with good lubricity: duragloss, meguiars gold class or Hyperwash, CG honeydew or Mr pink

And if you really want to have some fun, get a small power washer and a foam cannon. With this you need a foaming soap -- any of the last 3 I listed are good examples

Many drying towels. Best I have ever found is griots PFM. $ but worth it

Detailing spray (for touchups, birdbombs, dust) again megs, griots are excellent

Separate cleaning tools and towels for wheels

Wax or sealant (too many choices) foam applicators and at least 4-5 towels to remove. Here CG gold towels are great or edgeless from The Rag Company
Appreciate 0