Sgop335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e92, 08 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohugh View Post
Yes I have XHP [stage 3 OTS]
I had the MHD in Auto log mode. Will do some things later [back on a 93 octane map for now]

Tires are Goodyear Asym. Eagles . My tire pressure may be too high [44 rear - was doing some extended highway driving with a full car earlier in the week] because I'm not hooking very well..Will experiment with airing down to a lower pressure .

I also have some B8s on order. Rear shocks have left the building .. B8s should work out nice and firm.

My question is the WGDC seems to spike up to about 90% early. Just wondering what metrics I need to look at for the WGDC as far as indicators of problems or overspeeding/running out of turbo.

Thanks in advance.
When you mash the pedal, boost target jumps up and wgdc follows suit to the max value set in the tune, which is quite normal. (stock max values are lower). This is called spool. As the difference between boost and target decreases, wgdc settles down.
In 3rd gear spool could take 400 - 1000rpm (lower better). The wide range is also because, it depends when you mash the pedal. At 2000rpm spool takes longer compared to say at 3000rpm. As turbo wastegates wear out the above number increases eventually leading to 30FF (meaning boost target not met).
As for wgdc numbers yes 90+ is high but is needed to run higher boost targets. The turbos are being oversped and running higher than design boost set points. As mentioned earlier stock wgdc numbers are lower (70% or so) but then stock targets are so low.