View Single Post
      06-03-2020, 02:10 PM   #3892
turbohugh
ASCMA General
Rep
Drives: E90-N54 <>E36 328Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgop335 View Post
Inlets are a friend and the theory behind them is relatively simple. The y axis for a turbo curve is a ratio, Pout/Pin. This ratio is called pressure ratio lol or boost setpoint. The stock inlets could produce a straw effect at higher CFM. This will reduce Pin. When Pin drops, the turbo has to target a higher setpoint to achieve the same Pout (simple ratio math). But each time the setpoint increases the turbo RPM has to increase to produce the CFM (shape of the curve). Turbo rpm = WGDC. So wgdc has to increase. The converse is true with larger inlets, wgdc will decrease and easier to achieve boost targets.

The chinese twins Does look like they are struggling to reach boost targets (esp. stg 2+). But you could have a boost leak so its one thing or another or both. You are able to see spool much better in these logs.

Another anomaly I see is the RPM jump. Think I see it in each of these logs. It seems to be a large jump >1000 in one case. Cant explain it, but doesn't seem right, feel a burst of acceleration or something? Look in to it..

I'm on stock twins. I will check into boost leak. I will be replacing all the o-rings in the connecting pipes and doing vac lines and testing boost solenoids this weekend.

I only run 2+ maps in Mexico. Probably dial it back down to a 1+ map once I burn off this e30
Appreciate 0