View Single Post
      12-31-2020, 09:16 AM   #63
tim_s
Private
Rep
Drives: e91 325 and e36 m3 evo

Thanks for the info, I'll measure mine more carefully at some point, my verniers didn't go in deep enough really, but I measured at ~26.1mm. I'll see whether I've some sockets or something I can use to measure it with. How did you remove the assembly, just tap it out and let the springs fly out? Wondering whether I ought to try to make up some more locking tabs and bolt it back together with the retaining screws then use the vice to let it out.

As for the diff, nope the input flange off it def won't fit, don't think the backplate or the output flanges will fit either! Will swap flanges and backplate over from the original diff, it's a 188L so physically I'm hoping it's the same and I figure while everything is apart it's easy enough to check/set the preload on the input flange anyway. I'll prob check backlash too while at it, I marked out the CW against the carrier to ensure it goes back where it came out in case there's any run-out, but would be interesting to check. Worst case if the housing is different I can swap everything into the e90 housing and hope I can get the backlash right, hoping none of that will be necessary though. Basically the diff was £60 posted so worth a punt.
It should be easy to disable the DTC. A good while back I sucked it up and bought a new NOX sensor, I've not actually read the codes off mine in a long time! Have you adjusted the throttle sensitivity on yours?
Appreciate 0