03-02-2017, 08:57 PM   #55
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
I'd say that it is important to have at least 1-2 days worth of recording capability before looping.

Wouldn't you agree?
Honestly I have never had a dash cam before but 99.999999% of my daily driving is pretty boring and incidental. Meaning most of what ever is recorded I will NEVER want to watch. If you need save and keep days worth of driving videos then a bigger card will be better but 32GB will give most of us what we need.

Dash Cams only become important when the catch that 0.000001% moment when an accident happens. And most kits stop looping data and locks the accident file on the card. You can also lock and store video chunks you do not want over written.

I paid $12 for my 32GB card at Best Buy and if I find I need more space then I will either try out a bigger card (I still don't understand why the seller said it couldn't take a bigger size card?) or buy a couple of 32GB cards and swap them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermgm23 View Post
OK so now you have my attention. Quick question, does this ting record non stop all the time or only while you're driving? I think I'm interested in installing this on my 2011 328i.
It records all the time by default once car is on, engine has started and car is in motion. You have the option to turn that off and only have it record when you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVS View Post
video quality on this kit is okay. my blackvue cameras do much better job at quality. & on license plates are more clear.

not to mention the options for 24/7 recording even while the car is off..
I keep following you on my DIY quests! LOL! First the DCT retrofit now you beat me to this! Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBZER0 View Post
thanks for all the hard work, this is also on my shopping list but quick question do you know if this will fit an e92? i see the one on amazon it says e90/e91 im sure it would fit but just trying to make sure before i get it, thanks a lot!
The only thing is the mirror housing must match up. So Check to see if the Parts Number for mirror rain sensor housings are the same between E92 (coupes) and E90/E91 (sedans/wagons).

Also the dome lighting panel parts number should match as well since this is getting the plug and play power from the dome lighting panel.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832

Last edited by delmarco; 03-02-2017 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 0