United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V View Post
Any videos of the camera in action?

My apologies for the delay...

I literally cannot get the dome light panel off the headliner!

1- I've tried the method where you pluck out the map light rings and use a paper clip to pry the silver colored-chrome holding clips loose.
My map light rings do not come out and seem to be one piece with the unit (the frosted light cover comes off but not the map light rings)

2- I've tried the headliner drop and going in through the top but my dome light clips seem to be attached to something hard that is above the soft headliner.

I'm beginning to think I have a special edition E90 because nothing in my car is like the other E90 cars in the DIY threads and videos showing dome light panel and headliner removal.

I was hoping to getting it done this weekend but NYC is getting almost a foot of snow with temps nosediving to single digit temperatures over the next 5 to 10 days.
As a result I just put my car back inside my parent's garage for storage away from the road salt, black ice, snow and oil pump-busting cold.

So I will try my best to get this dash cam fully installed with video samples as soon as possible.

This module has become the bane of my existence! I have no clue why BMW makes a simple lighting impossible to remove.

This picture below shows the input connector (closest to the hand holding the panel) at the end on the dome light panel
that would power the dash cam.

Here is a sample video of the same camera in another car:

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832

Last edited by delmarco; 03-10-2017 at 11:25 AM..
Appreciate 0