View Single Post
      07-30-2020, 04:46 PM   #10
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

I do all my work at RMP right now and so far its been pretty damn good . Price wise they always beat the other 2 shops ( KTM and Ivo) , quality of work is pretty good. But its not for everybody. Like they do not have a receptionist and they work on a tight schedule, Its basically 2 guys working on cars and trying to pick up the phone , do cash , etc etc, so you may not get the appointment when you need it. Or they may too busy to answer all your questions on the phone. You have to trust them , make an appointment, leave the car , pay, pick up the car.
They'll talk to you but they probably not going to talk to you for an hour since they still have to work on other cars. If you can trust them , you ll end up saving money for sure, and the job will be done right. Plus Rocco knows a lot about aftermarket modifications , so if you are into that , he is the guy to go to
The hard part I guess is trusting them. For me , I ve been going there for many years so I just drop off the car, let them do their work and its been fine so far

KTM, I ve never actually been there, but i have call them a few times for work and their prices are always the highest ( compared to Yvo and RMP). They are very friendly on the phone and they will answer all your questions . They have excellent reviews too , I wouldnt mind taking my car to this shop , but again their prices have always been higher and the cheap side of me do not want to pay to see how good they are haha

Yvo @ Columbus , I ve been to his shop 4 or 5 times , they are the closest to my work. Very nice guy , clean shop , you have to make an appointment . I have no complaints about the quality of work , all the jobs he has done for me have been excellent . His prices are higher than RMPs but lower than KTM. He texts you to give you updates or answers questions. I do, however had one complaint about him and this is the reason I really dont take my car there anymore . I took my car there to get a wheel bearing replaced. He charged me X amount to replace the wheel bearing , on top of that he charge me 1 hour to troubleshoot what bearing was making the noise ( 130 $ ) .
I ask him if he could give me a break on tax for labour , and he said I had to pay tax on everything . I own several cars , and I ve been to several mechanics, most mechanics give you a break on tax for labour , sure , I understand he does not have to which I m ok with , but I was not Ok with Yvo charging me 1 hour to troubleshoot a bad bearing when you can hear the bad bearing while driving the car. Most mechanics would just charge you to replace the bearing period , even the dealer would charge you for replacement of the bearing and wave the troubleshooting.
Ever since that happened , I stopped going there. Not sure if I ll ever go back , I ve had a good experience there, and i didnt mind paying a little bit more ( compare to RMP) since they were closer to me , work was good , and Yvo answers all your questions but one bad experience can loose you a customer sometimes I guess
One other thing about Yvo is that he is not too much into modifications I think. I asked a few questions and he just avoid them for some reason. Maybe I could be 100% wrong here , just the impression he gave me ...

Last edited by rick100; 07-30-2020 at 09:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
ttthai28.00