View Single Post
      06-23-2023, 03:39 PM   #7
kolopn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 325i N52B25

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0v0s View Post
Hi, please could i confirm something, your pic shows an anti roll with a straight middle section (original item that's fitted with hydraulic powersteering rack), were you able to re-use this with the new electric powersteering rack?

How much clearance is between this straight roll bar and the EPAS motor? Did you have to modify the connector for the wiring to clear? Any more pics showing this?

I'm looking to fit aftermarket H&R bars to my epas e92, bit unsure if the front bar will clear the motor, looks tight! (stock bmw Epas specific bar has a curved section in the middle to clear)

Thanks!
Hello!

So that's totally stock ARB, from stock M suspension - 26.5mm diameter - the smaller middle section is standard for every M suspension. Only M3 don't have it. I didn't change position of any connector. Only to mount the rack, I had to remove ARB out of subframe, otherwise it's not possible to mount the rack. It's tight fit - the connector for torque sensor is nearest to the ARB, but it's a little bit higher than bar itself, so I'm sure that at least M3 bar will fit. (During installation of new sway bars be aware of changing dynamic balance of the car - best is to calculate each stiffness of the ARB and with that you'll see if car will be over/understeering or more or less neutral.) Unfortunately I do not have any photo of exact distance between EPS and ARB.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0