View Single Post
      01-18-2019, 07:07 PM   #353
Mavverick
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieatlarge View Post
Recently installed an 8.8 inch android (Avin type) unit into a ProNav 2007 E93, which I purchased from Aliexpress. It came configured for the wrong Idrive Type and the wrong screen resolution (messes up the original scheme). Fortunately, after too many hours wading through the internet I realized I can change both by going to Factory settings and using code 1314. Idrive fixed but....
when I attempt to change the car type tp E60 8.8 I get the error message "SD card or U drive did not find file CarType.xml. This seems a bit strange because I am guessing that the list of optional "cartypes" from which I had to choose, would have read from this file. So, I can create the xml file from info I got off the internet, place it on an sd card and then what? Am I wrong in assuming that I actually need to reflash the whole OS?
Any help, files, etc would be most appreciated. Once resolved I will open a thread that lists exactly what was done and include all files.

Aliexpress probably will not respond to me.....
Don’t click “update config” after selecting iDrive type. Double click the iDrive type and a pop up will appear. Click the check mark on the pop up.
Appreciate 0