View Single Post
      05-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #169
FMOSRacing
Rep
Drives: 2008 550i Sport

I had that choking, come to jesus moment when my waterpump went out. I called the dealership from the side of the interstate to find out what it was going to cost and they quoted me $1700. That wasn't a happy moment (this was at 75K miles).

I limped the car home and ordered the waterpump and thermostat online. 4 hours of my time later, all was better, saved over $1000.

If any of you guys ever need space to wrench, I have a 1200 sq ft detached with compressed air and a decent toolbox. It's kind of a muddled mess right now, but it should be sorted out in the next couple of weeks.

I dynoed the M at Fathouses' yesterday. 378.19 STD bone stock. House said there was virtually no difference on the SAE correction because of the perfect weather yesterday. So, the kid hauler is pretty strong for a stocker.

By the way, I have a 5" ETS intercooler for the N54 for sale. It's brand new, I only removed it from the box to photograph it. I'm asking $680 for it in the classifieds, but that's negotiable. It's $744 from the vendor.

Last edited by FMOSRacing; 05-05-2014 at 07:34 AM.. Reason: Space to WRENCH, not space to RENT.
Appreciate 0