05-24-2019, 12:54 PM   #5
alexristainoN54
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevisoft View Post
Hello everyone!

I seem to be having a huge problem with my BMW 335i. If anyone can chime in on what it could possibly be that would be great. After installing cat less down pipes on my car I encountered a new problem THAT has got to be the most annoying thing I have ever had to deal with. Basically, in short, the car sounds like a lawn mower. That's the best way I can explain it. It tends to go away at higher RPMS but for the most part (especially rolling the car into 1st gear) the car literally sounds like a lawn mower. I sourced the problem coming from the passenger side of the engine bay. I have already checked the following:

- V Clamps on the turbos
- down-pipe fitment (the downpipes aren't touching anything. I even checked the heat shields.)
- waste-gate rattle (its definately not this. Although my turbos are suffering from this you can distinctively hear the difference between both as I am driving.)

If there is anything else I should be checking please let me know. It is extremely embarrassing to be driving around like this. Thank you.
did you ever figure this out? having the same issue
Fuel-it stage 2 lpfp
XHP stage 3
Bilstein b12
m3 arms
Appreciate 0