11-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Coding - Please help me understand.

Hi Guys...

I am new to coding, and i am going to be playing with it all very soon... Not me personally, but i will be advising and using my garages tools...

Plus i just want to better my understanding for coding lights initially.

Amending existing code, and turning off specific checks such as the Fog light checks: Code below... Means that you can then install a fog light HID kit which is not CANBUS ready? Nor do they need any resistors or capacitors fitted because codes will not be read?

So as long as your wiring is all correct, grounds are well grounded etc... then you shouldn't receive any start up codes, or codes appearing when running the car? Is it as simple as that?

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv

If i installed a regular HID Fog kit, would amending this code just prevent codes being thrown? OR would it also stop the start up bulb check for the fog lights?

Can someone please explain the difference between warm and cold checks?

I was hoping to remove the codes for my Angel eyes, Fogs, and my reverse lights.

As i will be instructing my Garage on how to amend the current code... Where will the code for the Fogs, Angels and Reverse lights be? Is it difficult to find the code which needs amending?

If you believe there is anything else i need to know... I welcome all help!

Very much appreciated!

Best,

Josh
Appreciate 0