View Single Post
      06-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #175
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjones View Post
David, after using AIO, how many days/weeks can I continue applying Z2 whenever I wish, without applying more AIO? From your quote here I see I can go at least 10 days. What if I want to Z2 my car after my next wash in 2 weeks? That will be 3 weeks since the last AIO.

Also, under normal circumstances, how often do you recommend claying? I'm so pleased with the results, I would like to do it every two weeks, but it removes my Z2 sealant, AND it takes a lot of time and effort to clay a car. If once a year is OK, I'd like to do the full detail every six months, and claying every other detail. What do you think of that? Thanks.
You need to use a Zaino bonding agent(ZAIO or ZFX) with your Z2/Z5 after 10 coats of Z2/Z5 have been applied to the paint or after 6 months haave elapsed, whichever occurs first. So if you apply 10 coats of Z2 in 10 days, then you will need to use ZFX with the next layer of Z2 (I wouldn't AIO in this scenario because you will remove the previous 10 days/layers worth of work).

In terms of claying, I say once or twice a year during your big detail is plenty. Every 2 weeks is overkill.
Appreciate 0