05-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #36
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Munkey View Post
Honestly, I'd probably replace windshield wipers before I replace my cabin filter LOL. I can't really answer your questions specifically because MY answer hit me while I was on the freeway. Basically it was like limp mode for a n52. The fan blowing on idle may be a sign because when my shit failed, the fan was on high throughout the 3mile freeway crawl and upon start up the next day the fan would turn on within 30seconds of the car being on which forced me to have my car towed to my dealership. I can get back to you on the cost for the repair if you're curious.

My car only went to limp mode twice, once was running my car super hard and the other was my friend blowing out my secondary cats lol scary as fck! So the fan randomly turning on counts somewhere in that margin of failing water pump? Or is it from coolant changing needed? My cars fan only turns onwhen I'm about to park in the garage, but usually it turns on after a long freeway run/drive
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0