Thread: I springs on Xi
View Single Post
      07-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #25
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Not understanding the whole winter ski concern here. The eibachs drop the car approx 1.5". If that amount of drop is of concern you probably should not be driving it at stock height in winter. Look around at the Audi RS4's and so forth they are not much higher. Car is fine for plowed hard pack. Some types of snow/ice mix fill up the wheel wells a bit faster, but that happens at stock height too.

I drive my car up to the ski area all the time, except in massive dumps where no car should be driving, or I think a lot of fresh unplowed snow will be around. Then I take my Tacoma. I am more concerned about douchebags dinging it with their skis/boards than ground clearance.

FWIW my house gets 20 ft/yr, local ski area 40 ft. of snow on average. I cannot get out of my driveway until the roads are plowed, which is often. Car has Koni/eibach and conti DWS's on year-round. Have the same set up on e36 m3 which I also drive during winter on hard pack plowed roads, no issues even lowered and RWD. Do not take it up to the ski area very often but a few times on sunny days sure.

edit: mostly I run up solo or one other person + gear, so the car is not loaded much. Also running 12/15mm spacers F/R now which I may need to take off for winter, as I notice some slight rubbing rears on certain big bumps, which I imagine would be worse with snow packed in there. Very infrequent.

Last edited by ajsalida; 07-09-2013 at 05:05 PM..
Appreciate 0