06-18-2008, 05:18 AM   #104
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5love View Post
Everyone keeps talking about the angry girlfriend or psycho that will take a blade to this car...

How many times have you heard of someone taking a hammer to someone's car these days? It happens but almost never, and it'll be just as likely with a blade to a cloth car. Not to mention the cloth will surely be strong enough to withstand a knife.

On another note, I just realized... with a cloth car, NO SCRATCHES!!! That makes me happy/hopeful
Scratching a car has implications like getting it repainted or if it has been smashed up then it mights need body/window repairs. The same thing is true with a cloth body, but it might be worse. I mean, if it's only cloth and it is cut then what if it's raining? Well I guess it depends on the structure under the cloth...

Also, I do love the flexibility and the fact your car will have no scratches. But I'm not sure if the loss of a metal body will lose the character of cars. Since cars were invented we have only known them to be made of metal. It's totally redefines what the original invention was all about. It's like making a mobile phone out of cloth when we are used to plastic and other materials. Its a strange concept.