Thread: wrapped my car
View Single Post
      04-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #337
xtreme_sign_guy
Rep
Drives: Custom Fabricated

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymosquera View Post
Hey I see that you do this for a living. I have a question regarding what vinyl to use and I think you are the best person to ask. I have been looking at the oracol 651, 751 and 951. Which of these do you recommend to use to wrap the car. Or do you know another web page or distributer that I can call that sells a good quality vinyl?
thanks for your help
I don't really like using Oracal products. The company doesn't stand behind their warranty (well in Canada anyway). If you research their line of film, you will find that the 651 is not the way to go. Personally I would use either 751 or 951 if you are stuck wanting to use Oracal. However the adhesive is permanent, so it has to go down wet for you to get it wrinkle free.

My preferred line of choice is 3M. If it is just a solid colour you are looking for or a digital printed graphic film. 3M has the best adhesive on the market, and their films are far easier to work with then the competitors material. Look for a product with "Comply" like the 3M 225 Series. The key is to have it laminated and with the "Comply" it makes installation a breeze because it has a time release adhesive so you can reposition the vinyl without worrying about the glue permanently sticking right away and ruining your wrap job. Plus you don't need an application fluid, just slap it down dry and there is no waiting for the fluid to evaporate.

This is just my opinion. The guy that used the Flat Black film, unfortunately, his only choice was to use an intermediate film. There is no manufacturer that makes a flat finish material that is 2mil hi-performance cast film. The only think I would do differently is to use 3M's Black 225 series with a matte laminate to get the same effect.
Appreciate 0