View Single Post
      02-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #23
spacemonkey1112
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i AW

a filter change isn't going to do anything to your car. Sure you may be more likely to get stuff into your engine (and I hope that never happens to anyone), but I've ran about 6k on my car driving from LA to merced in the past few months after putting the K&N filter and charcoal delete and I've had no problems. I know other people on these forums have run it for longer. I don't think it pulls any harder (at first i thought it did and maybe I've gotten used to it).

when i first did this, my car did have a deeper sound at first, but I think the ecu took note of this and regulated the amount of fuel that it needs to inject with the new air flow coming into the engine. Now my car sounds as it did stock IMO. There isn't much change in the higher RPMs but you can hear something different if you have a keen ear for it.

The only thing I wish I had was a euro box since it would be much easier to take out and clean the filter when I need to. Other than that, do as you please. Paper or not, I haven't been convinced to buy an aftermarket intake (unless i could afford gruppe M cause they sound beautiful =P).