10-16-2018, 07:25 AM   #7
Savage520
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
Another member went into quite a bit of detail about the PCV system, albeit on an N55 turbo engine but there is some relevant info or concepts there.

If you had a constant stream of smoke escaping this barb then I'd say you've found the cause. The diaphragm is leaking and making the noise. You could of course plug it with your fingertip and see if that affects idling behaviour to confirm your finding.
My question is will the leak be remedied by a new valve cover and gaskets? Is the diaphragm built into the new valve cover?
Trying to gather a list of all the parts I'll need to repair everything.
So far it's a new valve cover and gaskets,
ofh gasket (saw a little oil there)
eccentric shaft sensor and gasket (saw a little oil there and it leaked a little in the smoke test)

Am I missing anything?? Are there any gaskets that are likely to break in the VC job? One time use screw, things of that nature?
Also thanks so much for your help man. Do you think we could arrange a phone call and I'll buy you a beer/blunt over Apple Pay or somethin? I'm trying to get my baby back in shape as soon as possible and haven't found too much help so I'd be willing to compensate someone who knows more than I about these engines for their time.
Appreciate 0