United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddc9999 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a 2006 BMW 330xi with 38k miles on it. My CPO warranty ends this November 22nd. I was wondering if there is any work that is covered under warranty that I should bring the car in for before the warranty ends? I've read that the water pump goes early on these cars, will the dealer replace my water pump with the new one even if it shows no signs of failure? What other work do you suggest I have done?

Also, I plan on driving to Virginia Beach from NJ (roughly 300 miles one way), so do you reccomend I do this work asap before I depart, or should I just file it on the to do list.

Thanks!
Has your car given you any issues so far? I wouldn't worry about taking your road trip. It's only a few hundred miles and your car will run better on the highway anyway. I say enjoy your car. Get an inspection from a reputable indy shop (preferably one that specializes in BMW) before warranty is up, and stop worrying so much. I don't think the dealer is going to replace anything that is not malfunctioning yet. But stranger things have happened.

Good luck.