07-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
enron29
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS32 View Post
You need a landlord tenant lawyer, not real estate. If you have an email from her stating that she is breaking the lease of her own accord then she has no ground to stand on.

And did you not state on the lease with the new tenants when their term started? Who gives a shit if they're not moving in until November if they signed a lease for a time prior to that? Or are they telling you they're not moving in at all? They shouldn't be able to break the lease if they have already signed it.
If you see my other post with a quote from her initial email, that is what she said. Wasnt exactly, "I am moving out now early on this date.". However, I have other emails and texts from her saying I can show the property and she would be able to move earlier than Sept. 1st. Then she keeps going back on that.

As far as the new tenants, they will not be moving in at all. We had a signed document, so I have kept their $500 holding deposit. I told them they were still liable for the rent, but it's somewhat a blessing they dropped out with this crap going on.

In the end, I told the crazy bitch to just stay until the end of her original lease agreement. Don't have time or money to go to court. Wish I did though. I'm trying to look at it that I just pocketed $500 for all my troubles. Just hope I can find a new (better) renter in November.
Appreciate 0