Cdutch513
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 BMW 328i

Garage List
2010 BMW 328I  [0.00]
Battery Registration w/ ECS Schwaben Scanner

So I had to do this without any info. I knew that the scanner could do it, but didn't know what to do.

Before you start make sure you grab some info off the battery. You need the Matrix code(11 digit alphanumeric code), most replacement batteries do not come with it, OR a supplier code(6 digit numeric code). You also need the "polarity" code which is suppose to be stamped on the negative terminal. (4 digits)

1.Make sure your battery is connected properly before beginning.
2.Plug in scanner, select BMW, select automatic. It will collect your vin then click continue.
3.Go to maintenance, then body, then power supply(battery).
4.Chose register battery.
It will ask you if you are replacing with the same battery, different ah, or switching to AGM. (I chose same battery because that it was I installed.)
It will then give you some information about the info I told you to gather before starting.
Next it will ask you if there is a matrix code(if you have it, enter it. If not, select no)
If no was selected it will ask for supplier code.
Then it will ask you for polarity code. (number stamped on negative terminal)
Then it will register and show you a list of how many times a battery was registered with mileage of each register.

I did not know the supplier code or polarity code. I just chose the only 6 digit number on that I could find. nothing was stamped on my negative terminal either so I just used the date it was put in service. I was freaking out so I posted for help and was informed by BimmerGeeks that those two parts aren't really needed, but it still needs to be entered.