Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i MPPSK

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
Sorry, forgot about MS-8 power wiring. Here you can use 10 gauge. About the same lengths as before, depending on where you put the unit. 6 feet each is safe. Ring terminals for battery/chassis ground connections, forked spade connectors for MS-8 connection. Distribution/fuse block can be used but not necessary. You also need some single thread thin wire (18-20 gauge) to use for turn-on signal between MS-8 and aftermarket amp.

Edit: when I say distribution/fuse block not necessary I mean the you still need to fuse the wire near the battery, you will just have two separate wire runs. Instead, you could use a single 8 gauge run to near where the amp and ms8 will be located, and then use a distribution block to wire each device separately.
For which connection is the in-line fuse holder used for? I would like to add fuses to all power connections for safety if possible. Should I just get a block? Is the block used for multiple connections?

Could you possibly create a MS paint diagram for the power as well? Thanks a million!!!
Appreciate 0