08-25-2015, 04:03 PM   #32
E91 M Sport
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
In my original thread, I was most concerned with how many miles one could log prior to changing the water pump. What it didn't answer however was when your water pump actually failed so I'm creating a new poll and hopefully a Moderator will make this a 'sticky'

This is for N52 owners ONLY. Please vote yes IF and ONLY IF YOUR PUMP ACTUALLY FAILED. If you replaced it for precautionary (preventive maintenance) purposes, do NOT VOTE at ALL. This will skew the data. However do feel free to post details in a written response below.

If you did replace your water pump (preventive or because of failure), please also provide the following info:

a. year / model / transmission
b. did it actually fail or was this preventive maintenance?
c. how much did the repair cost (and indicate labor vs parts)?
d. was it replaced at indy or dealer?
e. was there any other damage caused as a result?
f. do you track your vehicle? (DO NOT reply if you participate in canyon carving, street racing, etc.). strictly referring to auto-x, road course, drift and drag.
I had a though on my way into work this morning (if this has been covered please excuse me). I read recently that this car has multiple thermostat or heat settings, 1 for sport, 1 for comfort and there were a couple more I believe.

My thought was this, which mode do you drive your car in mostly, this could be letter "g" on the list. For example I read that the thermostat setting for when you're in sport mode is lower, to help produce power, thus putting more strain on the thermostat (opening and closing more) and the possibly the water pump itself.

I'm curious if there is any correlation or not is all.
Appreciate 0