03-20-2008, 08:10 AM   #4
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I'm all for leasing new cars and the debate rages about that. But leasing a used car!?!?!? Even I'll jump on the band wagon of just how financially stupid that is. No offense to the OP in now way.

But a 3 series if it is certified Pre-Owned should be financed since nearly all of them will be sub 35k. At that point the 3k(tax, title, etc. etc.) you'll have to shell out on a lease, might as well be the downpayment since you payment will be a lot more identical then during a new car purchase.

Maybe MAYBE leasing a slightly used 6-12/mo old, w/very low miles 550i, M5, 650i, M6 or 760Li might make sense but not a 3 series.

Also if you are thinking about re-leasing your 325i, please don't. You're buyout should be somewhere between 20-25k, you'd be better off negotiating a price that includes the certified pre-owned process/renewing your warranty. What ever you paper work says is by no means set in stone. Say your paperwork says 23k will be you buyout at lease end and the cars overall worth is 25k. Well your stealership will call BMWNA to get their buy price and they'll buy the car and resell it to you. Now their buy price from BMWNA may be 18k. The certified process takes somewhere around 2k I think, but thats close. So 20k means the car is certified. Now you have a 3k gap between your paperwork and what they bought it for. You may or may not know that figure but negotiating is allowable. Now depending on current APR's and what not will be the deciding factors. Many have said they've leased, bought at lease end for less then the paperwork said then resold themselves and made a profit or money back they've already spent. But re-leasing it is pretty much the worth thing you can do considering you have tons of options.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0