View Single Post
      09-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #46
vbmw335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
This assumes that all other vendors are price gauging because you drive a BMW which is not the case. ITs a FACT that things made in China are cheaper (i.e. money not quality) then made in Canada or the US. The quality issue is a whole different can of worms. It is true that a Chinese factory with the same know how and technology will most likely produce goods of similar quality, but thats if you can find a company like that in China which does not cut corners to make an extra buck.

Case in point. My good friend owns an aquarium store. It is cheaper to buy a 300 Gallon tank, have it put on a boat and shipped here then it is to go down the street and have a local company make it. The Chinese tank is slightly lower quality but costs 2/3 the price and its shipped from across the world...

Energy, labor, rent, cost of living, etc.. are higher here so the goods cost more.
Mike
Some fair points , the exceptions are becoming the norm now. I work for the largest consumer products company in the world , i am in charge of millions of $$ worth supply contracts and project negotiations, i can tell you one thing ...during the past few years china, India , South Asian Countries are delivering products of much better quality than US made products. This is because their quality , process standards all has been pushed constantly due to killer competetion on a global scale....They are also leading in innovation not just manufacturing.

China , Korea ...is pretty much my second home...i am talking real world exp...no reading bs magazines , news media...which is biased. Its sheer ignorance if someone can draw conclusions of product quality based on origin of manufacture. Its a different world ...try living in USA with just US made products...good luck!
BMW X5 4.8 is
Appreciate 0