View Single Post
      10-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Rob Beck Turbo Install by Sonic MS

Pictures as promised. After several weeks of waiting for the units, this gave me time to research shops for the install. I had several shops close to me whom were interested in the install, however, I went with Sonic MS. Their reputation in the Bay Area is second to none, not to mention this is their 2nd RB turbo install, so I didn't mind driving 2.5 hours from Sacramento to visit them.

All pictures are curiosity of Calvin (Cal@SonicMS) from M3Post. I won't disclose any price or labor quotes, you will need to contact them personally as each car is different. I chose to go with all new parts, including oil lines, which will add time to the install. As an added bonus, they did my Quaife LSD at the same time.

For now, I'm going easy on the car until I feel everything is "broken-in." This is not necessary with new turbos, but it is for the LSD. If you are wondering, I'm using the 7-29 upgraded turbo maps. I know the question will be brought up, no I don't have any smoke or abnormal oil consumption. So far I have approximately 500 miles on the new turbos, and so far so good but I don't want to jinx anything

2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0